Friday, July 13, 2007

Kathleen Woodiwiss

I wanted to write a memoriam for Kathleen Woodiwiss, who was a big influence on my reading and writing romance. I'm sorry I'm late with this, but I've been on vacation.

Her novels are the first I remember reading. I've read novels before, but hers stuck with me so much that I remember, and still own many of them to this day. My mom loved her books, thus I started reading them at a very young age, 500 page novels when I was a wee child, LOL.

She's one of the reasons I've learned how important reading is. Not just as entertainment, but as a means to help develop and maintain our brains. I love nothing more than to see people reading, especially a child. It's never too early or too late to enjoy reading and/or writing, if that's your desire.

I'm saddened by this news, and my heart goes out to her family. I am grateful for all the things she has done to make romance what it is. Thank you, Kathleen E. Woodiwiss!

No comments: