Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sandra Brown

Though I've never met her, Sandra Brown seems like such a charming lady. She's got that Texas drawl and Southern charm. Oh to have a cup of tea with her and chit chat about writing would be a dream come true. Of course, I'd fumble with words because I'd be so awestruck.

I now have my copy of Smoke Screen, and it is absolutely gorgeous! The book is phenomenal even before opening the pages because the cover is amazing. After opening the pages…well, I get sucked in like I do every Sandra Brown novel!

Seriously, I can't explain the cover. It's silky, like papyrus, but not thick and the colors...the texture...the entire design is breathtaking.

I'm going on a trip this weekend, and it'll take 4 long hours just to get there. Dear hubby is driving, which means I get to settle back, relax, and read Smoke Screen! I should have it read by the weekend. Thank God reading in the car doesn't make me sick!

I respect Sandra Brown and love her writing because she puts out one a year, and I always look forward to the end of the summer because of her book release. She doesn't rush, she doesn't have ghostwriters and she doesn't try to go with the trend of say, oh-I better-write- in-this-genre-because-that's-what-is-popular. Her thrillers have romances, though not always we're going-to-be-together-forever romances. Still, they are always happy endings.

And her books always make me happy, because I love her way with words.

No comments: