Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Going to Nationals!

The RWA National Conference, July 15-18, in Washington DC! It’s a huge deal for me and I can’t tell you how excited I am.

I submitted an application for a scholarship, and my story won! This is the first time I've been to Nationals!

Did I mention how excited I am?

So, because I’m a little crazy (or OCD?) about certain things, I’ve ordered 2 trip books about DC. Just reading about it is fun, though I’ll enjoy experiencing everything there is to experience. It’s not that I have to have everything planned, but I like to have an idea of what to expect.

D.C. ... it’s not a top State of states I had on my list to visit, but I’m ultra excited now. I hear there are so many things to do, and seeing our nation’s capital will be something I will never forget.

Did I mention I hate flying?

I'd definitely rather drive, but since we own a business, we hate to close it up for a week, and the trip would take longer. We have to budget, too, and turns out it is cheaper to fly, at least for now. I have the vacation time at work, but when you own your own business...well, it makes things difficult. But I'm leaving it up to hubby, who is going with me.

Turns out he already knows his way around DC. At least, that's what he told me. (He likes to play his video game, Fallout 3, LOL, based in DC)


No comments: