Saturday, March 15, 2008

I'm back from Florida!

I've been back for several days now, but I've been so tired and busy that I haven't had time to update my blog. (I hope no one has noticed my blog schedule was ignored this month, LOL.)

The wedding was beautiful, truly one of the most memorable I've ever been to (and not because it was my aunt's wedding because honestly I hated that she and my uncle divorced and that she was even remarrying). Her new husband truly loves her, I could tell by the look in his eyes. You should have seen it...it was just amazing the way he looked at her.

Her wedding planner made everything flow smoothly. The catered food was to die for and she had a punch fountain with coffee set up in the corner and an open bar. My grandmother (her mother) turned 80 in December and we celebrated with a party, which she couldn't attend, so during the reception she got her mom to sit in the middle of the dance floor and sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to her.


She was married to a very long time to my uncle, but some things don't work out as we know. She was married by the justice of the peace the first time, so this was the wedding of her dreams and it was awesome.

As far as my trip...well, that's a story almost worth publishing, but I'm not sure what to call it. How to Survive a Bad Vacation maybe? The plane ride was harrowing, we got lost on the way to my aunt's house once we finally got our rental car, we get to my aunt's house to find out our hotel rooms were given away and they were busily finding us more at the last minute, I lost my blood sugar machine and other medication (which I'm sure someone stole from the beach bathroom) and the IHop next to the hotel we were staying at, which made everything worthwhile, closed down for repairs the 2nd day we were there because they had a kitchen fire.

Whew. But it was fun and I got to see a different part of the world, which is always cool!

Now...can you believe this woman is 80 years old?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow she looks great!