Monday, October 29, 2007

Happy Halloween!

I'm looking forward to Wednesday. A friend and I are taking her daughter and my niece out trick-or-treating, and are getting together to eat chili and hot dogs beforehand. My job doesn't usually allow us to dress up, but we are doing so this year professionally and only adding the other non-professional stuff later. I'll share pictures sometime after, so check back.

Halloween is not something I used to enjoy. As a diabetic, it's almost torture, but by the time I was diagnosed, I had grown out of wanting to do it and now that I have an insulin pump, it's much easier to enjoy those treats! Then, when my mom died only five days before (Oct. 26), I couldn't stand the ghosts, goblins, and skeletons. But now I enjoy it again, and it's been a tradition of mine to go with my niece.

Also, as a reminder, my short Halloween story, HOPE, LOVE AND TREATS is still available from The Wild Rose Press. The story came out this time last year, but you can still enjoy it. I pride myself on it being a romance you can read to your children, like my mom did for me.

What's your Halloween tradition? Your Halloween fears? Your favorite Halloween treats? (Anything with chocolate!)

No comments: