Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Hot Dog Party and a Redneck Family Reunion

8 am--Getting ready for 10 am, when the meet and greet party starts. Just about to take the food to the tables outside, and it starts sprinkling. There's hope. The sun is right behind the sprinkles. I looked at the radar and didn't see anything.

Will I be eating a lot of leftover hot dogs for the next couple of months?

It didn't rain, but it was windy. That's okay, the wind kept the heat away. It was a slow day, but the people who did show up were important people, like a wrecker service, a journalist, and people who will help get our names out there.

Still, I have a lot of leftovers. At least hot dogs freeze, and we can do this again!

I'm going to have to run extra on the treadmill what with all the cupcakes I ate.

Then Saturday, I had a family reunion. We had karaoke and a wedding. Yep, that's a true "redneck" family reunion, LOL. I wonder what Jeff Foxworthy would say about that.

One of my fears is public speaking. And you know how people always say the best way to confront your fears is to just get up there and do it. So, I thought, what better way to humiliate myself (and confront my fears) than to "croakey" in front of my family?

Wish I had pictures to share, but I was too busy. Obviously. :-))

No comments: